What You Should Know:
– The Moscow Center for Diagnostics & Telemedicine found that the introduction of RADLogics’ AI-Powered solution into radiology workflow to analyze Chest-CT scans during the COVID-19 pandemic reduced report turnaround time by an average of 30 percent, which is equivalent to 7 minutes per case.
– The study was conducted over two separate phases with the first taking place between April 30, 2020 to June 18, 2020 and the second taking place between June 18, 2020 to August 31, 2020.
– The results of the large-scale study included a total of 128,350 Chest-CT scans, of which 36,358 were processed by RADLogics AI-Powered COVID-19 solution, reported by 570 participating radiologists at over 130 hospitals and outpatient clinics in Moscow. The research findings were presented recently at ECR21 by Dr. Tatiana Logunova, MD, who was part of a team led by Dr. Sergey Morozov, MD, PhD, MPH, who serves as CEO of Moscow Diagnostics and Telemedicine Center.
– The added information created an increased workload on radiologists, which increased the average read time by more than 25 percent. In response, the RADLogics AI-Powered COVID-19 solution was enhanced to support the new clinical requirements. Results shown indicate that with the augmented AI solution, including all clinical measurements and severity scoring, was able to maintain the overall productivity gain of 30 percent.
– In accordance with FDA guidance for imaging systems and software to address the COVID-19 public health emergency, RADLogics has made its FDA cleared CT and X-ray solutions available to hospitals and healthcare systems throughout the U.S. for patient triage and management. All the company’s AI-Powered solutions are available worldwide through major OEM distribution partners including Nuance via the AI Marketplace in the U.S. market.