What You Should Know:
– Curation Health raises an undisclosed Series A round of funding to accelerate the adoption of its advanced clinical decision support platform.
– Curation Health provides an advanced clinical decision support platform for providers and health plans that aids in managing risk contracts and improving quality performance.
Curation Health, an Annapolis, MD-based advanced clinical decision support platform for value-based care, today announced the completion of Series A financing round for an undisclosed amount led by Deerfield Management Company, including participation from existing investor WindRose Health Investors.
Founded in 2018 by a team of healthcare veterans and clinicians, Curation Health helps providers and health plans effectively navigate the transition from fee-for-service to value-based care. The company’s advanced clinical decision support platform for value-based care drives more accurate risk adjustment and improved quality program performance by curating relevant insights from disparate sources and delivering them in real-time to clinicians and care teams. With Curation Health, clinicians enjoy a streamlined, comprehensive clinical documentation process that enables better clinical and financial outcomes while simultaneously reducing clinical administrative burdens on providers.
Helping Clients Battle Challenges of COVID-19
Curation Health’s solutions are proving especially helpful to clients as COVID-19 intensifies several long-standing challenges: clinician burnout and frustration with administrative tasks, difficulty identifying highest-risk patients, and multiple standards and workflows that prevent efficiencies across teams. To provide even more robust client assistance during this time of need, Curation Health has continued to focus on expanding their integration partnerships with leading electronic health record vendors (EHRs) and introduced an array of platform enhancements over the last six months, including:
– 20 percent expansion of the platform’s clinical rule set to identify additional performance opportunities hidden within patient records and provider information systems;
– Deployment of an accelerated implementation program, enabling provider adoption of the platform and workflows in as few as 30 days; and
– Multiple new features and functionality that further expedite point-of-care clinical documentation and engage physicians in compliance and workflow best practices
In just the last six months, Curation Health has also experienced 125% customer growth as providers and health plans have continued to prioritize risk management and quality amid COVID-19. New provider and health plan customers have been compelled by Curation Health’s track record of helping health plans and providers identify and address undiagnosed and unmanaged chronic clinical conditions in as many as 1 out of 3 patients, while also eliminating up to 10 minutes of provider time per patient on unnecessary clinical administrative tasks. Curation Health will use this latest funding for strategic hires to support continued customer growth, as well as expansion of services to clients that rely on the company’s platform to successfully manage risk contracts and improve quality.
“Our team at Curation is focused on helping customers drive more accurate and compliant risk adjustment and quality performance by enabling efficient pre-visit reviews, integrated point-of-care guidance, and post-visit documentation workflows. This latest infusion of funding will be used to further empower our customers’ value-based care teams with even stronger tools and support,” said Kevin Coloton, founder and CEO of Curation Health.