What You Need to Know:
– Pharmacy benefits manager Abarca and Triple-S Salud announced the launch of Triple-S en Casa, Puerto Rico’s first prescription home delivery program during the COVID-19 crisis.
– Developed in partnership with one of the Island’s largest health plans and pharmacy networks, Triple-S en Casa lets consumers manage and order their prescriptions through an easy-to-use mobile app–and have them delivered by a local pharmacy.
Pharmacy benefits manager Abarca and Triple-S Management Corporation (NYSE: GTS), on behalf of its managed care subsidiary, Triple-S Salud, today announced the launch of Triple-S en Casa, Puerto Rico’s first prescription home delivery program. Originally scheduled for later this spring, the launch of Triple-S en Casa was expedited to expand medication access during the COVID-19 crisis.
For many people, having their prescriptions delivered at home is not just a convenience; it is a necessity. Lack of mobility, access to transportation, and other social determinants not only impact the health of members, they can also increase costs for health plans. Triple-S en Casa was developed to address these challenges head-on.
Triple-S en Casa offers Puerto Rico
residents the convenience to:
• Process Prescriptions: Save a trip to the pharmacy and skip the waiting line. Send a prescription for you and/or your covered dependents, via photo or ask your doctor to send an electronic prescription to our partner pharmacy, Alivia Home Delivery.
• Free Delivery*: Track orders and receive medications at your preferred address.
• Manage Medications: View all active medications, remaining refills, and next fill dates for you and/or your covered dependents. We’ll even let you know when it’s time to get a new prescription.
Powered by Darwin, Abarca’s industry-leading PBM platform, Triple-S en Casa allows members to order, manage, and schedule delivery for prescriptions through an intuitive mobile app. This program was developed in partnership with Alivia Health, the largest Puerto Rican pharmaceutical services provider, to fill and deliver prescriptions.
“It has never been more important to expand access to prescription medications than it is today,” said Jason Borschow, president and CEO at Abarca. ”Abarca and Triple-S have collaborated on many initiatives to deliver a better pharmacy benefit experience for millions of people in Puerto Rico. And now, Triple-S en Casa will provide the convenience of home delivery and peace of mind for members at a time they need it most.”
The delivery service area is limited to all Puerto Rico municipalities except Vieques and Culebra. Triple-S en Casa will be available to all Triple-S commercial and Medicare Advantage plans.
For more information, download Triple-S en Casa for iPhone or Android.