Nuance announced the introduction of PowerScribe One, a radiology reporting platform that harnesses Nuance’s advanced natural language understanding capabilities and cloud technology at RNSA18. The PowerScribe One platform delivers AI-powered diagnostic and decision-support tools to improve radiologists’ workflow efficiency and accuracy, ultimately advancing disease detection, diagnosis, and treatment.
PowerScribe One Overview
PowerScribe One is the next generation of the industry’s most widely used radiology reporting platform, PowerScribe 360. PowerScribe One goes beyond a voice-enabled text report creation tool and is an integration platform that empowers radiologists to capture, share and take action on patient information quickly. Purpose-built to address inefficiencies, inconsistent recommendations and failed follow-up, PowerScribe One gives radiologists more time to focus on what matters most – their patients.
PowerScribe One also enables enhanced sharing of concrete and actionable information with care teams and across the care pathway. It puts essential follow-up, timeframe, and other information that was previously stranded within unstructured narrative report text directly into the hands of clinical users. Converting unstructured text to structured data opens a path to expanded interoperability and powers a new generation of data-driven applications. It also complements standardization work on Common Data Elements by the ACR, ASNR, RSNA, and other governing bodies to improve information exchange and advance radiologic practice, research, and performance measurement.
PowerScribe One Key Features
By allowing access to the latest advances in AI, PowerScribe One enables the radiologists to
– Apply structured data to aid in the creation of accurate, clinically appropriate and consistent diagnostic reports;
– Share clinically relevant structured data between systems—including EHRs, PACS, and others—enabling care teams to improve follow-up, monitoring, and outcomes;
– Populate reports dynamically with content from integrated systems to minimize redundancy and reduce errors;
– Integrate AI image characterization directly into the reporting workflow to achieve unparalleled levels of efficiency and accuracy via Nuance’s AI Marketplace;
– Make standardized reporting initiatives easier to launch, administer, promote and adopt.
“PowerScribe One transforms my dictations on-the-fly into relevant, structured findings so that it’s not just my words, but their meaning in the context of my patient’s clinical situation. Then, by incorporating the data into the decision support workflow, I can become both more effective and more efficient,” said Tarik Alkasab, MD, Ph.D. service chief for IT/Informatics and operations at Massachusetts General Hospital. “PowerScribe One is more than a voice-enabled text report creation tool, it’s becoming an integration platform that empowers radiologists to capture, share, and take action on important patient information more quickly and easily.”