Orion Health, a provider of interoperability, population health management, and precision medicine solutions, today announced the global launch of Rhapsody as a Service (RaaS), a cloud-based integration solution, powered by Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Offering a full-service model to healthcare organizations, Orion Health also announces RaaS’s global Integration as a Service (IaaS) capability to manage and maintain the entire integration engine for customers.
Orion Health’s Rhapsody Integration Engine has provided rapid and scalable interoperability to more than 640 customers in 36 countries globally. RaaS now offers the same powerful features and benefits to healthcare organizations working in a cloud environment.
Adding expansive value with responsiveness and agility with best-in-class cloud-based integration RaaS also:
– Provides rapid interoperability between healthcare systems, connecting solutions seamlessly, in less time, and at a lower cost
– Eliminates or reduces expensive hardware and maintenance of on premises systems
– Takes on the entire responsibility for a customer’s integration solution with IaaS
– Establishes a new and competitive pricing model, while using the latest version of Rhapsody’s technology and configuration
– Enables highly available deployments and services recover from failures automatically while minimizing downtime
– Provides 24/7 pro-active monitoring and on-call expert engineers.
Today many healthcare organizations are dealing with vast amounts of data from a myriad of sources across their IT systems while struggling with aging IT infrastructure and layers of legacy technologies which are expensive to maintain. This demands intelligent data integration tools to enable organizations to have robust access to accurate and comprehensive data.
Orion Health CEO, Ian McCrae, believes that migrating from on premises servers to cloud-based services provides many benefits.
“As the healthcare sector takes advantage of the benefits of moving to the cloud as other industries have, and with the recent developments in healthcare compliance and certification, Orion Health is evolving solutions to help healthcare organizations transform their IT systems, helping them deliver improved patient care,” said McCrae in a statement. “And as demands on healthcare IT systems increase, improving financial performance remains a priority for most public and private health organizations. Taking advantage of Rhapsody as a Service’s simplicity, organizations can quickly realize cost savings, improve flexibility, reduce risk and increase security, deploy IT faster, and increase scalability.”