Einstein Healthcare Network and Humana Inc. have entered into a value-based agreement designed to offer a coordinated, patient-centered experience to help Humana Medicare Advantage members achieve their best health. The value-based care agreement, in turn, teams Humana with Einstein Healthcare Network’s Accountable Care Organization, Einstein Care Partners, toward enhancing both the patient experience and patient outcomes in the Philadelphia area.
Einstein Healthcare Network is a leading healthcare system with approximately 1,000 licensed beds and 8,500 employees serving the communities of Philadelphia and Montgomery County, Pa. Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia is the largest independent academic medical center in the Philadelphia region annually training over 3,500 health professional students and 400 residents in more than 30 accredited programs.
The value-based care model emphasizes:
– More personal time with health professionals and personalized care that is tailored to each person’s unique health situation;
– Access to proactive health screenings and programs that are focused on preventing illness;
– Improved care for people living with chronic conditions with a focus on avoiding health complications
– Leveraging technologies, such as data analytics, that connect physicians and help them work as a team to coordinate care around the patient
– Reimbursement to physicians linked to the health outcomes of their patients rather than solely on the quantity of services they provide (fee-for-service)
“Humana is delighted to expand our ability to offer value-based care to our Medicare Advantage members in and around Philadelphia,” said Humana Regional Medicare Vice President Eric Bohannon in a statement. “This agreement further unites us with Einstein Healthcare Network as together we intensify our efforts to provide access to care that improves the well-being of Pennsylvanians.”