On Monday, StartUp Health announced the launch of StartUp Health Colorado, a digital health innovation hub on the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora for health entrepreneurs, doctorpreneurs, investors and industry stakeholders. The innovation hub will also leverage StartUp Health’s global platform to cross-pollinate health innovations with other regions around the world.
Here are 5 things to know about the new innovation hub:
1. StartUp Health Colorado innovation hub founding partners includes leading health institutions Anschutz Medical Campus – Children’s Hospital Colorado, CU Anschutz and UCHealth
2. Over the first three years, StartUp Health Colorado will collaborate with each institution to develop a custom innovation portfolio and plans to build, validate and commercialize at least 30 innovative health startups.
3. These digital health startups will be selected based on their alignment with the needs of each institution and their patient populations.
4. StartUp Health Colorado will also receive additional support and funding through The Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade and the Advanced Accelerator Grant Program.
5. StartUp Health Colorado is the company’s second Regional Network Affiliate, and a model it pioneered last year with the launch of StartUp Health Finland, to support and connect health innovation hubs around the world.