Philips today announced the launch of IntelliSpace Cardiovascular 2.1, the latest version of its next-generation Cardiovascular Image and Information Management System. The new solution provides clinicians with a single point of access anytime and virtually anywhere and allows for web-based echo reporting, delivering diagnostic quality viewing of echo images.
According to the Future Health Index, a recent study commissioned by Philips, 81% of cardiology patients surveyed feel it is important that the healthcare system in their country is integrated so that they do not have to have the same test or screening run multiple times due to visiting different facilities, further demonstrating the need for a fully integrated cardiology solution like IntelliSpace Cardiovascular.
Here are 5 things to know about IntelliSpace Cardiovascular 2.1:
1. IntelliSpace Cardiovascular 2.1features expanded vendor agnostic web application programming interfaces (WebAPI) to allow easy access to third-party applications.
2. Having a holistic view into a patient’s history can improve patient care. This latest version of IntelliSpace Cardiovascular provides cardiologists with an interoperable, patient-centric repository of comprehensive cardiovascular information to help support clinical decision-making, streamline workflows and reduce costs.
3. The built-in Cardiology timeline delivers graphical, panoramic, chronological overview of a patient’s cardiovascular care.
4. Through zero-footprint technology and interoperability, Intellispace Cardiovascular can decrease deployment costs and save time while interfacing to existing systems.
5. “Cardiovascular diseases are the leading cause of death, and account for more cost than any other chronic illness across the globe. Finding ways to speed the path to treatment for patients, while improving workflow productivity and enhancing patient outcomes, are critical to transforming cardiology care,” said Yair Briman, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Healthcare IT for Philips in a statement. “IntelliSpace Cardiovascular expands the ability for cardiologists to deliver care from virtually anywhere by giving them power to access diagnostic quality echo images remotely.”