StartUp Health, global entrepreneurship development company investing in the world’s largest community of healthcare transformers, and Aurora Health Care, a leading not-for-profit health care system has announced an innovation for digital health startups to integrate into a personalized population health platform.
The population health platform is intended to provide targeted care to Aurora’s patient population and the surrounding community, and could be applied to patients using the Medicaid payment mechanism.
This call for innovation will select Healthcare Transformers that will work to:
1. Assess: Develop and identify the health landscape of people in the community using multiple data streams, from psychosocial to financial systems
2. Engage: Intervene and engage with people in the community to collect data on their specific situation and build a comprehensive patient profile outside of using a smartphone or assumed data points/identifiers
3. Create Pathways: Use analytics to predict an ideal plan, build personalized pathways for the population based on individual patient profiles
4. Manage and Prevent: Leverage existing community and hospital programs and connect people to internal and external resources that enable them to live happier, healthier lives
5. Sustain: Create pathways to better reflect individual lives and help in the transition to healthier lifestyles by knowing what is working and what is not for patients and people within the community
Selected companies will be invited to StartUp Health Academy’s lifetime coaching program for Healthcare Transformers and receive access to Aurora’s internal commercialization, IT and innovation teams.
Interested digital health startups may apply online until July 20, 2016 at StartUpHealth.com/Aurora. Additionally, Companies that have previously applied to StartUp Health will also be considered and can update their original applications online.
The selected finalists will be announced after a formal review process by Aurora and StartUp Health. Companies selected for this program will be announced in fall 2016, with the platform launching in early 2017.