New smart bracelet is the first to combine activity tracking with heart rate monitoring to guide users to a more active and healthy lifestyle.
This week Polar announced Polar Loop, a stylish activity tracker in the form of a smart bracelet, which tracks daily activity and exercise levels, monitors sleep patterns, gives instant motivational feedback and provides alerts to help users achieve personalized daily activity goals.
The new werable is also the first activity tracker to offer users the option of incorporating heart rate monitoring during workouts, which ensures that credit is given for all exercise, including activities such as cycling that an activity tracker alone will not capture.
Combined with Polar Flow, a free online tracking service and app for iPhone that automatically syncs via Bluetooth® Smart, Polar Loop provides smart guidance on how to improve health and well-being by making small changes in daily activity. Designed to be worn 24 hours a day, Polar Loop is waterproof and accurately captures all movement and exercise and distinguishes between various levels of activity.
- Accurately tracks five different levels of activity and distinguishes between activities such as gentle walking and running.
- Is the first waterproof activity tracker with the ability to be worn while swimming.
- Provides guidance on ways to complete a user’s daily activity target, which updates throughout the day. For example, it suggests whether the user should run for 30 minutes, walk for 60 minutes, or spend a few hours cleaning or cooking to reach the daily goal.
- Alerts users, through a friendly message on their phone, when they have been sitting down for too long.
- Offers the option of adding heart rate monitoring to workouts, providing a complete view of both daily activity and exercise. The Polar H6 heart rate sensor and H7 heart rate sensor, which utilize Bluetooth Smart technology, are compatible with Polar Loop.
- With optional heart rate sensor: