The 2013 Consumer Health IT Summit is a chance to learn about and be part of public and private sector led advancements to equip and empower patients to better manage their health in a digital era. The Summit will bring together federal, private and non-profit leaders to discuss the present and future state of patient engagement using Health IT and Blue Button.
The Summit will feature:
- A summary of recent and upcoming policy and regulatory changes that are strengthening patients’ rights and ability to access their health data electronically, including Meaningful Use and HITECH modifications to HIPAA.
- Examples of where Blue Button is being implemented to give consumers electronic access to their health data and a new tool to help consumers find out which providers, plans, and others offer Blue Button.
- Innovative apps that are addressing consumer needs and helping them use their health information in exciting ways, including the announcement of the Blue Button Co-Design Challenge winner.
- Business opportunities for developers to build eHealth tools.
- An announcement about a new eHealth campaign, including PSAs, and efforts by consumer advocacy organizations and others to build greater awareness of eHealth and to shift attitudes about patient participation in health and healthcare.
- Interactive breakout sessions on advancing greater awareness, developing applications and tackling real world implementation challenges.
The 2013 Consumer Health IT Summit will bring together Federal leaders including: Todd Park, U.S. Chief Technology Officer, Farzad Mostashari, National Coordinator for Health IT, HHS, Leon Rodriguez, Director, Office for Civil Rights and other leaders from the private and non-profit sectors.
Remote participants can watch the main program of the summit online below starting at 9:00 AM EST.