Issue brief from Stoltenberg Consulting presents provides HCOs with a goal-oriented guide for using EMR systems to navigate an evolving healthcare landscape.
Things have not gone smoothly for some EMR users this year. From widespread reports of dissatisfaction and unhappiness with EMR systems, to recent reports of ditching and switching systems, many healthcare organizations are realizing their entire approach to EMR selection and utilization must change.
Understanding the timing and necessity for a changed, more thorough approach, Stoltenberg Consulting, a healthcare technology focused consulting firm has published an issue brief offering HCOs guidance in the process of evaluating EMR systems so that their utilization can support the achievement of strategic goals. The issue brief, entitled “Does Your EMR System Generate the Results You Deserve?—An Executive’s Guide to Evaluation of System Performance,” provides guidelines and covers a number of important areas of consideration that allow for the rewarding use of EMRs.
In addition to guidelines for EMR performance evaluation for rewarding utilization, the issue brief covers significant areas of focus such as:
- When to repair, upgrade or replace systems
- Utilizing external resources to identify performance issues
- Red flags to assess in a system’s functionality
- Importance in moving towards data and analytics
- Performance evaluation via the HIMSS IT Value Suite
- Best practices for successful system selection, implementation and evaluation
The brief features insights from industry thought leaders, including Doug Brown, managing partner of Black Book Rankings, and Rod Piechowski, MA, senior director, healthcare information systems, HIMSS.
To learn more:
– View/download issue brief