The Center for Technology and Aging has launched a comprehensive online mHealth Toolkit for organizations that want to develop a best-in-class mHealth program for chronic disease management. With mobile health having the potential to improve targeted care for the aging, the toolkit was developed in collaboration by some of the leading healthcare providers nationwide, as well as Beacon Communities, a program of the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)..
In the official announcement, Korey Capozza, Consumer Engagement Director of HealthInsight, part of the Utah Beacon Community states,
“Reaching patients through their now-ubiquitous mobile devices can be a key to patient engagement. We have this huge opportunity to use mHealth to better manage patient care outside the clinic, as well as to use the mobile device that’s in a person’s purse or pocket to help them better manage their own health.”
The toolkit is part of CTA’s ADOPT Toolkit which can be used by organizations seeking to improve patient care and chronic care management.The mHealth Toolkit is broken down the into following eight functional workstreams:
- Program Planning – Tools for reviews program design and change management
- Program Design
- Change Management
- Technology Management – Tools for covering technology review, technology selection and technology logistics
- Technology Review
- Technology Selection
- Technology Logistics
- Patient Management – Tools for patient selection, recruitment/enrollment, engagement and program discharge.
- Patient Selection
- Program Discharge
- Clinical Management – Tools to addresses provider engagement and clinical processes
- Provider Engagement
- Clinical Protocols
- Financial Management – Tools for addressing budgeting and ROI Analysis
- ROI Analysis
- Administration – Tools to review contracting and compliance issues
- Marketing – Tools for program promotion and customer support
- Program Promotion
- Customer Support
- Evaluation & Performance Management – Tool to examine program and performance measurements around care effectiveness, cost of care, and care experience.
- Program and Performance Measurement
CTA will be hosting a webinar on May 29th from 10:00am to 11:00am PDT (1:00pm to 2:00pm EDT) to learn how you can use the ADOPT Toolkit for Planning and Building Best-in-Class Mobile Health Programs for Chronic Disease Management.
Registration for the webinar is available at: http://bit.ly/17g3mzR.