Important key dates to maximize Meaningful Use and MIPAA incentive payments infographic visualization created by DrFirst
E-prescribing leader DrFirst created an infographic visualization of the important key dates to maximize incentive payments for The Medicare Improvements for Patients & Providers Act (MIPAA) and Meaningful Use incentive programs. The infographic details the potential reimbursement amount by year for successfully meeting Meaningful Use starting at $44k maximum reimbursement this year to $24k by 2014.
The Medicare Improvements for Patients & Providers Act (MIPAA) Incentives
Eligible Provider’s (EP) who missed the June 30th MIPPA e-prescribing deadline still have two ways to earn Federal incentive payments and avoid future penalties:
- Write e-prescriptions for 25 unique Medicare encounters by December 31st, 2012
- Have a certified electronic health record (EHR) system fully implemented no later than October 3rd 2012, and successfully meet the required number of Meaningful Use objectives
- Providers who write e-prescriptions for 25 unique Medicare patient encounters prior to December 31st, 2012 will receive a 1% bonus on Medicare payments in 2013 and avoid a 2% penalty on Medicare payments in 2014.
- Allow plenty of time to meet the minimum e-prescription requirements. Implement a qualified e-prescribing system as soon as possible and avoid the last minute implementation and training rush.
- Once the e-prescribing solution is up and running, take advantage of the benefits and efficiency of e-prescribing by using your system to write and transmit e-prescriptions for all patients, not just Medicare patients.