July 25 at 11 am – 12 pm CST, the following educators will be participating to bring the health IT community its very first #HITedu chat:
Moderating on behalf of @UWSystemeCampus: Colleen Howes, Market Research Director, UW-Extension
Participating on behalf of @HIMSS: JoAnn Klinedinst, Vice President, Professional Development, HIMSS
Participating on behalf of @UWHIMT: George Kroeninger, Associate Dean, UW-Extension
The chat will focus on community and expert feedback around these four questions:
- What healthcare innovations and technologies are on the horizon that students should know about?
- What health IT trends or issues need to be tackled by the next generation of health IT professionals?
- What are the fundamental principles of a sound health IT education? Academically? Professionally?
- For professionals new to the field, what does the health IT employment landscape look like?
Who should attend?
- Students: The #HITedu chat will be a great opportunity for you to start understanding and owning your future roles in health IT.
- Emerging professionals: Sharing your stories, experience, and pain points of finding work in health IT can be valuable insight for all of the chat’s stakeholders, not to mention, be helpful for you in your path toward career fulfillment.
- Health IT experts and bloggers: Your knowledge will be the cornerstone on which this dialogue progresses, continues and flourishes. Bring your experiences and resources to offer some insight on where health IT education should be headed.
- Vendors: Although this is not a recruitment opportunity, sitting in on and sharing what your organization looks for in health IT candidates can be a valuable asset in grooming future education, and potentially, your future workforce.