David Longworth, MD, chair of the Medicine Institute at Cleveland Clinic provides his insights on “The Imperative of Patient Engagement in the Era of Healthcare Reform and Practice Transformation” during the recent Massachusetts Medical Society 2013.
Key highlights include:
- Activating patients to succeed in this new paradigm shift in healthcare
- Why patient engagement matters and the evidence to support it.
- Economic imperatives for patient engagement
- Patients are vital to fixing healthcare
- Drivers of improving patient engagement
- Patients should serve as vital partners in improving our healthcare