What You Should Know:
– Hippocratic AI, a company building the first safety-focused Large Language Model (LLM) for healthcare, announced the launch of its Early Access Partnership Program.
– This program brings together leading health systems and digital health companies, including OhioHealth, Roper St. Francis Healthcare, Evernow, HarmonyCares, and Guidehealth, to collaborate on developing and validating Hippocratic AI’s technology.
A Shared Vision for Safer, More Accessible Healthcare
The program’s mission is driven by a shared belief in the potential of AI to transform healthcare delivery and improve patient outcomes. “Generative AI holds incredible promise to advance efficiency and deliver meaningful change for caregivers and patients,” says Michael Krouse, Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer at OhioHealth. “However, its safe evolution requires input from healthcare professionals to ensure safety and identify priority applications.”
Building Trust and Safety into AI
Hippocratic AI prioritizes safety by:
– Outperforming GPT-4 on healthcare certifications: Their LLM surpasses GPT-4 on over 100 healthcare exams and certifications, demonstrating its robust understanding of medical knowledge.
– Training on healthcare-specific vocabulary: The LLM is trained on vast amounts of healthcare data, ensuring accurate comprehension of medical language.
– Reinforcement learning with human feedback (RLHF): Healthcare professionals provide real-time feedback, guiding the LLM’s development and ensuring its responses are safe and aligned with clinical best practices.
– Collaborating with industry experts: Hippocratic AI works closely with renowned healthcare professionals to verify the LLM’s safety and effectiveness.
Partners Priorities & Capabilities
Each partner brings unique expertise and priorities to the program:
– OhioHealth: Focused on addressing staffing shortages and improving care delivery across its vast network.
– HarmonyCares: Exploring ways to enhance patient engagement and provide more immediate and effective care.
– Guidehealth: Leveraging the LLM to support value-based care contracts by tracking patient health outside the exam room and identifying rising risks.
– Evernow: Utilizing the LLM to address the critical shortage of menopause practitioners and provide women with world-class care.
An Integral Partnership for Success
Early Access Partners will actively shape Hippocratic AI’s development by:
Defining ideal workflows: Collaborating to design solutions for specific healthcare challenges.
Providing resources: Contributing clinical and non-clinical expertise to develop initial use cases.
Championing safe AI: Educating and advocating for responsible development and implementation of AI in healthcare.
Piloting early use cases: Testing and validating the LLM’s effectiveness in real-world settings.
“We can’t achieve our goal of increasing access, equity, and providing an unprecedented level of care alone,” says Meenesh Bhimani MD, Co-Founder & Chief Medical Officer of Hippocratic AI. “This partnership with industry leaders is crucial to developing the safest and most effective LLM for healthcare. Together, we can address critical staffing shortages and revolutionize healthcare delivery.” Blackford and Rhapsody Announce Strategic Partnership to Enhance Clinical Decision Making