What You Should Know:
– QuantHealth, an AI-powered clinical trial design startup, today announced a major product upgrade to its platform with the launch of Katina, a new tool that utilizes AI to simulate clinical trials at scale, expedite, de-risk, and optimize drug development.
– The launch of Katina marks a new era in clinical trial optimization, powered by AI and massive real-world patient data. This innovative tool has the potential to revolutionize the way clinical trials are designed and conducted, leading to faster, more effective drug development and improved patient outcomes.
Revolutionizing Clinical Trial Design
Katina provides clinical researchers with an AI-guided workflow that simulates hundreds of thousands of potential trial protocol combinations of patient groups, treatment parameters, and different endpoints. This comprehensive approach helps maximize the trial success probability while taking into account additional operational and commercial considerations.
Key benefits of Katina include:
– Automated Protocol Generation: Katina automatically generates thousands of potential trial protocols, eliminating the need for time-consuming manual simulations.
– Data-Driven Insights: Katina leverages QuantHealth’s proprietary AI technology, trained on real-world data from 350 million patients, large biomedical knowledge-graphs, and clinical trial data, to provide researchers with data-driven insights for each simulated protocol.
– Holistic Approach: Katina considers a wide range of factors, including endpoint success, patient recruitment potential, regulatory compliance, and commercial viability, to ensure that the selected protocol is the most promising for the specific trial and disease focus.
“This release is a game changer for protocol design committees and portfolio optimization teams. Today, these teams facilitate a painstaking negotiation process between the medical, commercial, operational, and regulatory stakeholders, that all need to weigh-in on the pros and cons of each protocol and portfolio decision.” said Orr Inbar, Co-Founder and CEO of QuantHealth. “With the power of QuantHealth’s generative AI, and now further enhanced by monte-carlo workflow, the Katina platform fires off thousands of protocols at once and allows each stakeholder to evaluate the simulations based on what matters to them most- be it endpoint success, ability to recruit patients, likelihood of getting an approval, competitive performance, etc. This high-throughput, holistic approach ensures that when it comes to protocol selection and development strategy, no stone is left unturned, and all voices in the room are heard.”