What You Should Know:
- Ontada, announced it was awarded a competitive contract with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to advance the use of real-world data (RWD) in the U.S. community oncology setting.
- Ontada will conduct real-world research (RWR) that aims to strengthen the scientific understanding of the natural history of rare cancers by leveraging Ontada’s community oncology footprint and unique RWD.
Study Goals & Objectives
The goal of the study is to better understand how patients with rare cancers present and are treated to inform drug development for life sciences companies and the FDA. This evidence will allow the FDA to further its understanding of a patient population that historically has been underserved and underrepresented in studies.
Study objectives include:
- Identifying pivotal components of the community oncology patient’s journey impacting treatment decisions, patient outcomes, and the relationship of patient characteristics to the patient’s journey.
- Describing the patient journey in the community cancer setting relative to national registries and other public data sources.
- Identifying insights to inform care and clinical research.