What You Should Know:
– First Stop Health® (FSH), a virtual care provider in the areas of telemedicine and virtual mental health, today announced the availability of Virtual Primary Care for its clients and members throughout the U.S.
– Virtual Primary Care gives members convenient, fast and affordable access to high-quality care while helping to lower healthcare costs for employers.
How FSH Virtual Primary Care Features
FSH Virtual Primary Care is available via app, website or phone to help improve members’ health by delivering whole-person, digital-first care. It includes three key care components:
– 24/7 access to urgent care (telemedicine) for episodic, non-emergent issues
– Availability to schedule preventive care virtual visits for routine wellness screenings
– Availability to schedule chronic care virtual visits for the management of ongoing health issues.
Virtual Primary Care members can schedule virtual visits with a preferred doctor from within the FSH virtual group practice. FSH doctors are available to consult with patients and coordinate care for labs, imaging and procedure orders, manage medications, refer patients to in-network specialists and provide care follow-up. Plus, virtual visits with FSH doctors are capitated, run outside the health plan and incur no medical claims.
“We are focused on increasing healthcare access and affordability when it comes to primary care,” said Blaine Barnett, CEO at FSH. “Virtual Primary Care is a natural fit for FSH because we’re already providing episodic care at industry-leading rates and evolving to treat preventive and chronic care for our members will enable our doctors to deliver whole-person, digital-first care.”