What You Should Know:
– MITRE has published a draft National Strategy for Digital Health that identifies a set of national priorities and guides the government and industry toward common goals.
– MITRE has researched and identified candidate actions in the full version of the strategy, which leaders may consider for achieving each of these goals.
Six Strategic Goals for a Healthier Population
The six strategic goals MITRE has identified to revolutionize the health and well-being of citizens are:
1. Access, affordability, and utilization of universal broadband for all Americans.
2. A sustainable health workforce that is prepared to use new technologies to deliver person-centered, integrated, quality care.
3. Digital technologies that empower individuals to manage their health and well-being safely and securely.
4. Data exchange architectures, application interfaces, and standards that put data, information, and education into the hands of those who need it, when they need it, reliably and securely.
5. A digital health ecosystem that delivers timely access to information to inform public health decision making and action.
6. Integrated governance designed for the challenges of a digital health ecosystem.