What You Should Know:
– DrChrono continues to modernize EHR platform with the addition of new features live chat and prescription drug monitoring program.
– As doctors continue to work remotely due to COVID-19, new features allow for more efficiency and seamless patient data processing via the platform.
DrChrono Inc., the company developing the essential platform and services for modern medical practices, announced today the availability of its newest features, Live Chat, which provides more real-time access to the DrChrono support team, and Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) which allows physicians to ensure safety and better care of patients through tracking and visibility of a patient’s record of controlled substances.
Live Chat Feature
With Live Chat, customers can ask questions, report issues, request login assistance, and communicate with DrChrono’s Customer Support staff in real-time, reducing resolution times for some questions from days to minutes. Live Chat also allows customers to multitask while working with an agent to resolve a problem or get an answer to their question, and customers can get answers to multiple questions at once or can ask follow up questions in real-time with concise, easy-to-follow answers, with a transcript to reference after the fact.
Integrated PDMP Tool
The Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) tool is also now fully integrated within the DrChrono platform. PDMP helps doctors to ensure safety and better care of patients through tracking and visibility of a patient’s record of controlled substances. PDMP gives access to Narx Care and PMP Gateway reports which are national databases for controlled substances. Additionally, this tool allows doctors to see the prescription history of controlled substances so that patients can’t “doctor shop” which means going to multiple different doctors in the area to receive multiple orders of controlled substances.
DrChrono announced several other new features now available on the platform, including:
– Inline Charting: offers a new way to chart in DrChrono. Physicians can see everything on screen without having to scroll on their mobile devices.
– Vital Flowsheets: physicians and medical staff can create and customize vital signs to record, track, and view their patients’ vital history.
– New layouts for iPad: physicians and medical staff can view a patients’ medical record, prescribe, and chart from one screen.
“It’s a priority at DrChrono to invest in the customer experience and Live Chat adds that additional layer of efficiency and real-time access to the support team that our customers depend on,” said Daniel Kivatinos, Co-founder and COO of DrChrono. “We are excited to add a new PDMP tool that gives DrChrono providers the insights they need to help them prescribe responsibly and make more informed decisions about substance use disorders.”