– Benchling launches two new products that will democratize access to industry-leading data management and collaboration software to the places they happen most: institutions and startup.
– With Benchling, organizations from academic institutions, to startups, to major enterprises, can accelerate the pace at which they develop scientific breakthroughs, while minimizing time-consuming, antiquated processes.
– The Benchling platform enables scientists to manage the complexity of biology research and enhance collaboration across increasingly dispersed teams.
Benchling, a San Francisco, CA-based life sciences R&D cloud platform announced it is launching two new products that will democratize access to industry-leading data management and collaboration software. The two new products, Benchling for Institutions and Benchling for Startups are designed to advance major scientific discoveries where they happen most — research institutions, universities, medical centers, and innovative startups — giving these organizations access to a modern, cloud platform that frees them from busywork and helps them achieve results faster.
Accelerate Life Science Innovation
Academic institutions have become the main source of major breakthroughs in scientific techniques, such as CRISPR and next-generation sequencing. Biotech startups, meanwhile, are at the forefront of applying these techniques to develop life-changing products. With Benchling, organizations from academic institutions to startups, to major enterprises can accelerate the pace at which they develop scientific breakthroughs while minimizing time-consuming, antiquated processes.
The Benchling platform enables scientists to manage the complexity of biology research and enhance collaboration across increasingly dispersed teams. And with their data and intellectual property in a modern, centralized platform, organizations can protect their discoveries, improve reproducibility, and back up business decisions with full scientific context.
– Benchling for Institutions enables research organizations, universities, and medical centers to offer Benchling to their research staff, delivering more efficient collaboration and empowering thousands of researchers to accelerate discovery. With Benchling, institutions can systematically protect and manage their intellectual property by centralizing recordkeeping, data tracking, and administration.
– Benchling for Startups offers a core toolset from the Benchling platform for any early-stage life sciences research company at a dramatically reduced cost. Emerging biotechs can embrace good data management practices, ensure regulatory compliance and back up pivotal early business decisions with data, all with the flexibility to scale their deployment as their company grows.
Since launching in 2012, Benchling has grown to become the most widely adopted life science R&D cloud software used by over 175,000 scientists worldwide. Replacing outdated pen and paper processes, Benchling offers unified R&D solutions purpose-built for life sciences, including Notebook, Molecular Biology, Registry, Inventory, and Request & Workflow Management. Benchling is trusted by the world’s most renowned academic labs at Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Berkeley, as well as by life science industry leaders such as Zoetis, Beam Therapeutics, Zymergen, and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.
Why It Matters
“Historically, academic institutions and biotech startups haven’t had access to cutting-edge scientific tools and software,” said Saji Wickramasekara, Benchling co-founder and CEO. “At Benchling, we’ve digitally transformed some of the world’s leading pharma and biotech companies with our R&D cloud platform. With these new products, we’re giving scientists at academic institutions and startups those same tools, so that they can advance the biology revolution and accelerate innovations – from CRISPR to lab-grown meat.”