OurCrowd, an Israeli-based global investment platform has announced the launch of the $50 million OurCrowd Medtech Fund. The $50M fund will focus exclusively on investing in disruptive medical technologies and therapeutics with the potential to transform global healthcare delivery and patient outcomes. The announcement marks OurCrowd’s first fund dedicated to the medical technology market.
OurCrowd vets and selects companies invests its own capital and invites its accredited membership of investors and institutional partners to invest alongside in these opportunities. OurCrowd provides support to its portfolio companies, assigns industry experts as mentors, and creates growth opportunities through its network of strategic multinational partnerships.
Medtech Fund Investment Focus
The OurCrowd Medtech Fund will focus on medical devices, therapeutics, medical robotics and new developments in the medical industry. Current notable OurCrowd medtech investments to date include:
– AlphaTau Medical: new radio therapy for solid cancer tumors
– UPnRIDE: an electric wheelchair that enables stable standing and mobility for handicapped individuals
– Insightec: MR-guided focused ultrasound for non-invasive surgery
– MeMed: preventing the misuse of antibiotics
– Zebra Medical Vision: Medical imaging insights platform with algorithm-based assistance for radiologists
– Sight Diagnostics: Point of care blood diagnostics utilizing computer vision
– Memic: Robotic arm that extends & improves upon the surgeon’s natural movements
– Syqe Medical: World’s first selective-dose pharmaceutical grade medicinal plants inhaler
Medtech Fund Managing Partners & Bio
The fund will be led by managing partners Dr. Morris Laster and Dr. Morry Blumenfeld and will be managed by a team of clinical experts with decades of experience in medical technologies and startup growth. Dr. Laster is a healthcare executive and entrepreneur with over 25 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry and was responsible for six IPO’s on NASDAQ, AIM, and TASE. He has extensive expertise in the identification, management, and financing of advanced biomedical drugs and technologies. He currently represents OurCrowd as a board member or active chairman for several healthcare portfolio companies.
Dr. Blumenfeld is a prominent authority on the development and commercialization of healthcare technology. Most notably, he was among the managers responsible for the development of GE’s computed tomography (“CT”) and magnetic resonance imaging (“MRI”) product line. He currently serves as a member of various medical technology boards, including Chairman of the Medical Advisory Board at OurCrowd.