Accenture today announced the launch of the Accenture HealthTech Innovation Challenge where startups from around the globe will compete to bring innovative technology and creative solutions forward to improve the way people access and manage healthcare.
The program from Accenture’s Life Sciences and Health practices brings together innovative startups with many of the largest life sciences companies and healthcare providers to tackle some of the world’s greatest health challenges including access, affordability and transparency.Selected finalists will present to an exclusive panel of judges, comprised of senior executives from globally recognized life sciences and health companies, gaining exposure and access to these industry-leading companies to bring their ideas to market.
Winners will gain direct access to the leading companies in their target customer or therapeutic sector, while industry leaders gain exposure to fully vetted, cutting-edge technologies as they evolve.\
The four categories startup companies can enter in the Accenture HealthTech Innovation Challenge are:
– Help ME have easier access to healthcare where applicants address how the underserved or remote populations can be better supported in their health and lifestyle needs.
– Help ME get better faster where applicants address how services can be provided to support care plan adherence and improved outcomes; how real world evidence and/or non-traditional data streams can be used to improve patient outcomes.
– Help ME better manage my health where applicants address how consumers (patients, caregivers or families) can get the right health information and services at the right time; how people’s lifestyle needs be better understood to optimize care.
– Help keep MY information private and secure where applicants address how the privacy and security of a person’s health and lifestyle information can be improved while enabling information sharing and improved care.
The program is open to all companies, but must meet the following criteria:
– Early stage company where access to life sciences and health companies is critical to your business
– Not an established or well-known technology business in Life Sciences and Healthcare
– Have a beta product to demonstrate and share access to program partners under NDA
– Ability to attend the StartUp Health Festival gala event in San Francisco, January 9, 2017
– Must show demonstrate that access to senior level life sciences executives will have a meaningful impact on your growth
Challenge Key Dates
Two initial pitching sessions will take place in London on November 25, 2016 and New York on December 1, 2016. Selected startups will be invited to pitch to an exclusive panel of judges that includes senior executives from AmerisourceBergen, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Novartis, UCB, and more. The established health and life sciences companies involved in the program will gain exposure to fully vetted, cutting-edge technologies as they evolve and potentially disrupt the healthcare industry.
The final judging round will take place at the StartUp Health Festival in San Francisco during the JP Morgan Healthcare Conference January 9, 2017. Accenture is the lead Innovation Partner of the festival which brings together over 1,000 of the world’s leading healthcare innovators and investors. The top entrants in each category will gain exposure and access to leading companies in their target market or therapeutic area. They will also be offered the opportunity to participate in StartUp Health’s Launchpad program.
Startups interested in entering the challenge can apply here.