Every year, the Technology Vision team partners with Accenture Research to pinpoint the emerging IT developments that will have the greatest impact on companies, government agencies and other organizations in the next three to five years.
The research process began during 2015 with gathering inputs from the Technology Vision External Advisory Board, a group comprising more than two dozen experienced individuals from the public and private sectors, academia, venture capital and entrepreneurial companies.
The Accenture Digital Health Technology Vision 2016 investigates five trends behind a “people-first” approach to digital health transformation:
1. Intelligent automation – people plus machines.
2. Liquid workforce – people where I want them, when I want them.
3. Platform economy – your technology, my technology, my customer’s technology all working together.
4. Predictable disruption – there’s something, it’s coming fast and it’s going to need technology to solve it
5. Digital trust – keep my information safe and secure, but more importantly, only let people see it when I want them to see it.
According to Accenture, technology can enable innovation across healthcare organizations, but people will lead the real evolution.
See the infographic illustration below for details: