MedData, a provider of patient-focused revenue cycle management services has acquired Columbus, Ohio-based patient engagement company Duet Health.Founded in 2009, Duet provides multi-platform software products that empower hospitals, health systems, and providers to better communicate and engage with their patient populations.
The robust Patient Intelligence Center provides real-time monitoring of every click, transaction, and entry to create more meaningful patient interactions and improve operational effectiveness. The result: greater efficiency increases, ease of care delivery, and better health outcomes.
Here are five things to know about the acquisition:
1. Duet Health’s patient engagement solution complements MedData’s existing patient-focused suite of services including eligibility and enrollment, billing, coding, third party liability, patient balances, patient reimbursement, and patient satisfaction.
2. The acquisition of Duet Health will provide MedData’s clients with a patient engagement platform to address the growing issue of patient responsibility.
3. For Duet Health, the acquisition will give them the ability to increase their reach of providers, accelerate development and further deliver solutions that will improve patient satisfaction for their clients.
4. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
5. Duet Health’s current clients include OhioHealth, Cardinal Health, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Autism Speaks, Medicaid, and the CDC.
6. MedData currently serves more than 5,000 physicians at a growing network of 1,000+ facilities nationwide from its headquarters in Brecksville, Ohio and 7 regional offices across the U.S.