TigerText, a provider of secure communications and workflow platform for the enterprise has raised $50 million in Series C funding to accelerate adoption of its secure messaging app, “TigerConnect.” The Series C round was led by Norwest Venture Partners, Invus Group and Accolade Partners, as well as existing investors Shasta Ventures, OrbiMed, and Reed Elsevier. Dr. Robert Mittendorff, principal at Norwest Venture Partners and board certified emergency physician will join the TigerText board of directors.
Clear Leader In Market Share And Mindshare
The additional capital will be used to further advance TigerText’s market penetration in healthcare where it has quickly become one of the most widely used secure messaging solutions in healthcare. A recent KLAS report identified TigetText as having the largest market share of any secure messaging vendor with more customers than the next top 6 competitors combined.
With TigerText, providers can go beyond secure, person-to-person messaging by leveraging the company’s open API that enables integrations with EMRs, PACS imaging, scheduling, paging and answering service, cloud storage, MDM, Health Information Exchanges (HIE), and others for delivering automated alerts and queries. TigerText has documented over 150 different healthcare workflows, driving productivity increases and more favorable reimbursement rates.
Extending Secure Messaging to Desktop and Wearables
In addition to its Series C funding announcement, the company has unveiled a suite of new tools to enable organizations to enjoy seamless communication on any platform and any device, even in areas with poor network connectivity.
With the TigerText Anywhere initiative, the company extends its secure messaging solution to the desktop and wearables like the Apple Watch. In addition, the incorporation of the industry’s first Low Connectivity Protocol (LCP) across its offerings ensures that messages sent using TigerText will get delivered where other messaging solutions fail.
A critical gap for healthcare workers is that many facilities do not allow nursing or lab personnel to carry personal phones while on the job. With the introduction of TigerText’s new desktop app, the entire care team can securely message from PCs, mobile phones, or tablet devices.
“Boston Children’s Hospital has leveraged TigerText to improve care delivery in critical areas by making team communication more efficient,” said Michael Docktor, MD, Clinical Director of Innovation of Boston Children’s Hospital, a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School. “The app is simple to use, which our clinicians and staff appreciate, and has led to improved communication and collaboration across a variety of settings, including our pediatric residency program, gastroenterology, orthopedic surgery, and emergency management services.”
Optimizing Healthcare Workflows
Healthcare organizations are unlocking dramatic ROI in excess of 30x the cost of the product as TigerText optimizes healthcare workflows that often still rely on antiquated communication paths from the 1980s including paging, faxing and landline phones.
Specific results from current TigerText customers include:
- Saving millions of dollars a year at one hospital by shortening length of stay by 56% through improved response times
- Reducing Readmission Rates by over 65% at an ACO customer
- Filling prescriptions up to 50% faster at a Pharmacy customer
- Seeing more than 15 additional patients per shift for a Remote Nursing Group
- Optimizing post-stay patient follow-up within 48 hours to drive Medicare Reimbursement for one of the largest hospital systems in the country
Expanded Access Across Multiple Platforms
TigerText Anywhere includes expanded access across multiple platforms, improved access with Low Connectivity Protocol, and significant updates to the existing mobile and web functionality:
– Apple Watch – New app for Apple Watch enables speech-to-text messages, notifications and alerts, photo views; guaranteed security and compliance
– Desktop – A completely new desktop app provides local access on a PC or Mac to TigerText messages; with all the functionality of the Web version
– iOS – Improved UI; Do-Not-Disturb icons for users in “DnD” mode; redesigned Groups interface; and conversation muting
– Android – Faster performance due to a new backend architecture using TigerText’s advanced TigerConnect platform (PaaS); more fine-grained control over user settings and directory access
– Web – Conversation muting, group message status, ability to send secure messages to non-TigerText users with an email address or mobile number, and full emoji library