The healthcare market is crowded with fragmented technologies that cannot stand alone to improve efficiencies for providers – from new devices and apps to in-office systems. To address the need for a one-touch solution, ExamMed has announced the official launch of its universal healthcare technology platform that integrates several standalone functions including online scheduling, universal patient profile, interoperability, telehealth, referral management and billing — into a single platform. The company hopes to set a new standard for both virtual and in-office care. By catalyzing better population health management, this leads to more time for patient care, improved clinical workflow, bridged communication and continuum of care across multiple providers, drives revenue and increases the overall likelihood of positive outcomes.
“New regulations including the Affordable Care Act have put a tremendous strain on many providers that are spread too thin managing an influx of patients, complying with stringent government standards and trying to establish new payment models that benefit both patient and provider,” says Jeremy Trabucco, co-founder of ExamMed. “We developed ExamMed to equip providers with all of the core components they need to succeed and deliver the most personal, high-quality and affordable connected care in one simple and streamlined platform.”
The platform enables providers and institutional stakeholders visibility into key metrics and trends including, for example: treatments, outcomes, and additional revenue capture of telehealth and virtual care offerings.
The platform is ideal for any office setting and patients of any age – ranging from practices to hospitals, urgent care and home care to clinics – that manage patients with chronic diseases and high-risk illnesses or those living in rural areas. Leveraging ExamMed, providers can increase patient engagement and access, improve timeliness and medical home follow-up care with their own patients while remote monitoring promotes the continuum of care, minimizes liability and costly hospital patient readmissions.
ExamMed’s core features include:
– HIPPA Compliant HD Video – allows providers to see their own patients’ 24/7 from any camera-enabled technology device. Face-to-face consultation enables visual and physical patient assessment and personalizes remote provider-to-patient encounters, while also permitting multi-provider participation and the ability for trusted “visitors” such as patient family members and caregivers to join.
– Centralized Management Portal – streamlines patient management and promotes shared care through one central dashboard that allows providers to access, manage and communicate information – from scheduling to referrals to protocols and more – in real-time across multiple systems.
– Interoperable EMR/EHR Exchange – enables provider access to medical records no matter what electronic medical record (EMR) system they operate and features a universal patient profile.
– Provider Network and Referrals – platform supports in-network referrals with a database of specialists, allowing providers the ability to seamlessly connect patients with specialty care givers as needed.
– Smart Coding™ – simplifies the classification and labeling of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes and ICD codes that determine insurance coverage eligibility for each patient encounter.
– MedCoins™ – serves as the universal healthcare currency, allowing patients to purchase “coins” in advance for proactive payment. MedCoins™ can be applied to insurance deductibles or out-of pocket expenses, ensuring the payment and reimbursement of all patient encounters. Coins (or credits) can be pooled by individuals or family purchase, gifting or clinic advances.
Adoption of ExamMed
Among others, ExamMed has been successfully implemented in practices across the U.S. including MD-based MedPeds, and the pioneering all Nurse Practitioner led PA-based River Practice. Its proven solution is easy to deploy and available through a highly secure, HIPPA compliant dedicated cloud or a self-hosted model. Providers and institutions using ExamMed have unlimited access for a flat monthly fee.