Population health management is one of the hottest emerging markets in the health IT space and vendors are quickly racing to carve out market share.70% of providers report that they see tangible benefits to patient care when using certain population health vendors, according to KLAS. But with so many PHM vendors and very little data, healthcare providers are having a hard time identifying who is the best vendor to help them maximize the benefits of their population health efforts.
To gain more perspective, KLAS interviewed 203 providers at 173 organizations to determine which population health vendors are effectively driving outcomes and where the needle is when it comes to providing better patient care and reducing costs. Their latest report, Population Health Performance: Emerging Market, Emerging Value, found Phytel as the “sole” early leader in the competitive market for population health management (PHM) solutions.
KLAS: Phytel Population Health Vendor Scorecard
KLAS gave Phytel an overall score of 89.8 out of 100, the highest score among all 29 vendors rated and 10 points above the market average. Quick implementations, deep user deployment, and high provider satisfaction in all performance areas were the key drivers for Phytel’s emergence as a “clear leader” in the PHM vendor market.
Additional Phytel-related KLAS findings from this year’s report include:
– 100 percent of Phytel clients interviewed reported tangible benefits and a high number of linked clinics
– 100 percent of Phytel clients completed their implementations in less than six months
– 89 percent of Phytel clients interviewed ranked Phytel as the IT solution most valuable to their population health strategy
– Recognition as a leader in data aggregation, care management, risk stratification and patient engagement
– Tied for the highest average satisfaction rating from providers
– Most mentioned company for guiding customers in effectively managing their general and high-risk patients through “better prevention and care planning,” with results that more than doubled the market average.
“Over the past year we have seen an exponential increase in interest surrounding population health management, especially as healthcare organizations work to make the transition to shared risk and pay-for-performance,” said Steve Schelhammer, CEO of Phytel. “As providers continue to pursue the Triple Aim, we are excited that KLAS has recognized Phytel as the sole ‘early leader’ in this space. We feel it speaks highly to the hard work our team has put in developing our innovative approach to PHM, and to the market leadership of our client organizations.”
The report, Population Health Performance: Emerging Market, is available at klasresearch.com/reports.