On Thursday, Mayo Clinic launched its mobile health app with Apple HealthKit integration available to Mayo Clinic patients and the general public, VB first reports. Utilizing the HealthKit platform, the new app will be able to collect health data from a number of connected health apps/devices in iOS8.
“What patients will be able to do is keep this info in HealthKit. When they see their providers, they will be able to share it with their providers in a one-on-one visit. In the future, we should be able to share that information electronically with providers once we define what information is important to share,” explained Mayo Clinic’s Dr. John Wald (Rydberg, KTTC,10/2/14).
Key features of the app include:
– view Mayo Clinic health data through the Apple Health dashboard
– Contact their care team directly through secure messaging
– View and manage details of their appointment schedule
– View Mayo Clinic videos on their iPhone, iPod, and iPad
Future app features planned include:
– disease and condition management
– personalized feedback for users
The new app will replace Mayo Clinic’s current app with continued support and updates planned for the Mayo Clinic app on Android platforms (Sullivan,VB, 10/2/2014).