A collection of the top 10 can’t miss posts from the 2013 National Health IT Week Blog Carnival hosted by Brian Ahier highlighting the value of health IT.
Today concludes the end of the 8th Annual National Health IT Week devoted to raising the awareness of health IT’s ability to transform health and care for all. The week was packed with summits, workshops, and Twitter chats. Twitter was extremely active this week with engaging dialogue from the community on the value of health IT.
According to Symplur analytics, the #NHITweek hashtag on Twitter generated:
- 19,086,102 Impressions
- 1,722 Participants
- 52 Avg Tweets/Hour
- 4 Avg Tweets/Participant
One of the biggest highlights of the week is the National Health IT Week Blog Carnival hosted this year by leading health IT expert, Brian Aher on his site where members of the health IT community were invited to contribute their insights that answered the question: “What’s the value of health IT?” As host, Brian Aher published round-up posts daily on his site throughout #NHITWeek.
To wrap up National Health IT Week, here is our top 10 must read posts from the 2013 National Health IT Week Blog Carnival:
- Brian Aher, Health IT Expert & Leading Health IT Social Media Influencer- The Value of Health IT Through The Use of Analytics
- Dr. Nick van Terheyden, CMIO of Nuance – #NHITweek: Technology That Works for Physicians vs. Against Them
- Jane Sarasohn-Kahn of the very popular HEALTHPopuli blog and a health economist and management consultant – Healing the Patient-Doctor Relationship with Health IT.
- Geeta Nayyar, M.D., CMIO at PatientPoint –Predictive Analytics: Crunching the Numbers to Deliver Personalized Care
- Gail Latimer, MSN, RN, the VP and Chief Nursing Officer at Siemens –The Value of Health IT – A Nursing Perspective
- Andrew Litt, M.D., Chief Medical Officer at Dell –Breaking the code: The potential of the $100 genome
- John Halamka, M.D., CIO of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston – Patient and family engagement in ICUs
- Jon Mertz, the Vice President of Marketing at Corepoint Health – “What’s the Value of Health IT? It’s About Me, Me, Me
- Steven Posnac, the Director Federal Policy Division at ONC – 6 Things you need to know about Meaningful Use and EHR Certification in 2014
- Jonathan Handler, M.D., the CMIO at M*Modal – Recycling Automation Back Into HIT