How Are Consumers Using Social Media for Health? Infographic by Allied Health World highlights the trend of why more consumers are choosing social health.
More than 40% of consumers say that information found via social media affects the way they deal with their health provides a snapshot of the growing trend of social health as shown in the infographic below. So, what exactly is social health? Social health is the confluence of consumers utilizing social media channels such as Twitter regarding their health matters.
Consumers have been increasing turning to social health for the following reasons:
- Connect with other consumers who have similar health related conditions/concerns
- Ask and provide answers to health related questions
- Connect with their providers and insurers and oftentimes
In fact, more than 75% of consumers expect a response within a day or less after requesting an appointment through social media.
The infographic shown below created by Allied Health World provides a visualization of how patients and providers are utilizing social media often referred to as “peer to peer healthcare.” Other key highlights of the infographic include:
- Ways consumers are utilizing social media for health
- Social health security concerns
- Physicians perceptions on social media
- Places to find social health via social health websites, Pinterest, and popular Twitter hashtags
Featured image credit: http://www.parature.com/