HP announces their new print security offering, HP Access Control (AC) Printing Solutions That improves security in healthcare organizations.
HP today announced new security services and advanced features that enable enterprises to apply HP’s intelligent security measures to protect print environments and support policy compliance. Specifically for healthcare, the HP Access Control (AC) Printing Solutions provides healthcare clients with greater control of imaging and printing assets while cutting costs and reducing overall printing by 10 to 30 percent. The HP AC suite includes four distinct, compatible offerings, including secure authentication, secure pull printing, intelligent management and job accounting. New advanced features enable enterprise healthcare clients provides the following benefits:
- Security – Securte authentication of devices and users including rules based printing and intelligent routing e.g. nursing station and clinical environments when 1 device is down, staff can simply authenticate to another device/printer, and then print
- HIPAA – meet HIPAA requirements by controlling and managing access/output to printers with authentication and authorization. RELATED: The High Cost of HIPAA Security Violations Infographic
- Tracking/Auditing – ability to track via an audit log, who is faxing, scanning, copying and printing protected patient health information (PHI) increasing rate of return on infrastructure investments
- Mobility – mobile printing for physicians, remote workers, admissions, nursing stations, and records departments that eliminates unclaimed jobs purged from server resulting increased patient privacy by eliminating unclaimed documents
- EMR Integration – integration with the leading EMR systems allowing high-level security and print policies to be maintained across all users and devices.
- Availbility – reduce IT support costs while enabling 24 x 7 availbility