Dell Healthcare and Life Sciences launches mhealth Innovation Challenge for health IT and life sciences startups
Dell Healthcare and Life Sciences and Dell Center for Entrepreneurs are partnering to launch a healthcare version of the Tech Innovation Day Series to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship in healthcare. Through Dell’s Tech Innovation Day Series: Healthcare Pitch Days, Dell and Intel will identify innovative healthcare and life sciences startups that are developing mobile technologies that have the potential to improve patient outcomes and engagement.
The challenge will showcase some of the best and brightest ideas that have the potential to change the way healthcare is delivered, while leading a conversation about transformative technologies. The series of pitch events will be held in Austin, New York City and San Francisco during Spring 2014, finalists (including an online wildcard) will be invited to a final pitch slam where an ultimate winner will be selected.
In addition to publicity and feedback from experts at Dell, Intel and other collaborators throughout the process, the winning company will receive a prize package including the latest Dell tablets, coaching/mentorship and the opportunity to propose a proof-of-concept program.
The Tech Innovation Day Series, powered by Intel, provides a unique opportunity for startups to get their businesses in front of some of the most influential people in the industry.
Startup Company Selection and General Criteria
- Dell and Intel are looking for innovative healthcare and life sciences startups developing mobile applications and technologies that improve patient outcomes, with a focus on the provider side.
- Technologies of interest include, but are not limited to, healthcare analytics tools, clinical workflow management tools, mobile health applications, cloud-based solutions and wireless health monitoring devices. Technologies can be a combination of hardware and software.
- Companies should have a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and ideally be at growth stage.
6-8 companies will be selected from each market. Pitches will be closed door to a panel of judges comprised of Dell and Intel executives and healthcare industry influencers.
- Austin – Capital Factory – April 10th
- San Francisco – April 2014
- New York – April 2014
- Online wild card – announcement coming soon!
- Final Presentation Event in San Francisco – May 2014
For more information, apply here