Biometric Patient ID Technology with M2SYS President, Michael Trader podcast interview and it’s ability to prevent duplicate MRNs, identify theft, and improve a hospital’s ROI
In this podcast interview, HIT Consultant spoke with Michael Trader, Co-Founder & President of M2SYS for an insightful conversation about biometric patient identification technology. M2SYS’s Right Patient solution is the only multi-biometric patient identification system that uses fingerprint, palm vein, finger vein, iris and face recognition to ensure 100% patient accuracy, strengthen patient safety, and reduce hospital liability. The solution also has the ability to seamlessly interfaces with any EHR software so you can avoid keystroke error and maximize usability. As the healthcare industry moves closer towards an integrated delivery model, healthcare providers will begin to increasingly rely on tools such as these to achieve interoperability without compromising the potential risk of security breaches due to patient sensitive data.
During our conversation, Michael will describe the advantages of biometric patient ID technology including how it can help prevent duplicate medical records, identity theft, and ultimately improve data interoperability across health information exchanges and integrated delivery networks.
Key highlights of the podcast interview include:
- Advantages/benefits of biometric technology for patient identification vs. traditional forms of ID
- How biometric patient ID technology can prevent duplicate MRNs and medical theft
- The ptoential ROI of biometric patient ID technology
- Helping hospitals improve data integrity and data interoperability across health information exchanges and integrated delivery networks
- Key considerations and concerns when testing biometric ID technology in healthcare organizations